“Networking is about making connections and building enduring, mutually beneficial relationships.” You may think that because your business is already booming, or you think you have enough good connections, or you “just don’t have time”, you don’t need to network. Even if all of these things are true… You should be networking! Don’t you always want more good business, and to make more meaningful professional connections, and to always continue to work to grow your business?
Strategic Business Network points out these three simple, yet incredibly helpful, facts:
1. Relationships are the catalyst for success.
2. People do business with those they like and trust.
3. Serve as a resource, help others succeed.
To touch on all three of these points:
1. If you want to be successful, you have to know people and people have to know you. How are you going to conduct any business if you just sit in your office all of the time and hope for the phone to ring with a new client on the other end?
2. If people have never met you, heard of you, or seen anything about you, how likely do you think they’re going to be to come to you for whatever they need?
3. Networking isn’t all about you and your business. Yes you can come away with great new connections, even new business, but it’s also important for you to put yourself out there to help other people and businesses like your own… Friendship is another great benefit of networking!
So no matter how busy you are or how much time you have, it’s important to remember that networking is always important to the success of your business!